It is one A.M. I can't sleep because of digestive upset. I had a can of refried beans and some Stan and Harry's Carmel Sutra ice cream for supper.
Much has happened since last I wrote.
1. We have received so much snow it should make God blush.
2. I threw my back out shoveling said snow and even now can't do much.
3. I pulled muscles in my shoulder and screwed up my neck shoveling snow and subsequently my right arm went numb and refused to function.
4. I backed into the preacher's wife at choir practise in an icy parking lot further injuring my shoulder and back to say nothing of what it did to the bumper of the car.
5. Snow slid off the roof of the house and snapped off the outside water spigot. It was 27 below that night. Thank God the water was shut off to the spigot.
6. The alternator broke on the old car because of the cold, stranding Mark on the road side. I couldn't drive to go get him because of my arm. It was only 20 below that day.
7. An icicle fell off the roof and stabbed the dog in the head requiring six stitches.
8. The county road crew came by and cited us for having snow berms that were blocking sight of the road. We now have berms on either side of the drive way that are four feet high and about six to ten feet wide. Took us hours of shoveling to level the piles down to this height.
9. The neighbor's dog has taken to walking up the snow pile beside their barn to stand on the roof and howl all night. I know how he feels.
10. It was 45 degrees here today. The garage flooded.
In between crises I have had enforced time on my hands to think, and I have learned some stuff. I am so bored with my life I could spit. I hate living in this picture post card isolation. I am addicted to the television. I can choose what I think about. Self hypnosis is effective in changing the effects of trauma. Like Oprah I need to put my self back on my "to do" list. What I want out of life has changed. (More on all of this later.)
I will be fifty-two at the end of this month. I pledge to spend the next year searching out and doing what I really want to do instead of substituting fake crap for real living. Amen and amen.