Wednesday, January 31, 2007

50 Secrets

I attained half a century yesterday.

Spent morning doing housey stuff and listening to a Joyce Meyer tape. The main message on this tape was; God created me to be who I am, personality quirks and all, and, He loves this unique creation. Pretty heady stuff for someone who was raised to hate herself.

Okay, so I ruminate on how and why God created me to be me all morning. I also muse about what believing in and accepting His unconditional love might mean in my daily life. Keep in mind I have been a redeemed Christian since youth. "Why God" I prayed "has it taken me 50 years to live as though You loved me?" God answers prayer.

Okay so I go to give blood in the afternoon. This was my first time. I guess as a nurse I felt the health care system had sucked enough life blood out of me over the years and so refused to donate more. But I am no longer a nurse, so I went to donate. Whoa Nelly. They do ask some personal questions. I have herpes zoster and have had for twenty years. It is well controlled with medication but never cured. I do not tell a lot of people. Venereal diseases do not generally come up as a topic of conversation in my circles, so for the most part I get to ignore it. But, to give blood you are asked directly, "Do you have any communicable diseases?" I either had to tell a bald faced lie or fess up. I lied. The first of a multitude. Education level came next. I do not have a Master's Degree. I have an old Nursing Diploma, a Bachelors Degree, a 3.9 grade point average, a phi-beta kappa key and an unfinished thesis. Did I say any of that? Noooo. I checked off Masters Degree. The young tech doing my intake interview was by now very intimidated. I had already told him in loud ringing tones I was a nurse. Weight. How much did I weigh? 175 I said. I then regaled him with my weight loss success. He looked even more impressed. He took me in and gave me to the lab people. More questions. I asserted my nursehood and my weight loss first thing. All were very deferential. Time came for the actual venipuncture. I am not now a nurse, but I was. I said quietly to the phlebotomist, "I have herpes." She stopped of course. More questions, "Open lesions, last onset, duration, medicated, effectiveness?" She was very professional and kind and I was still humiliated. Not about having herpes. About lying.

After the hold up I passed muster and the actual blood letting was uneventful. I sat in the chair and kept my embarrassed mouth shut. I had to spend twenty minutes in the canteen after the procedure. There was a nice young mother sitting next to me with her ten month old son. I love babies and could not resist playing with him. She said I seemed to know a lot about child rearing and asked if I had children. "No" I said "I couldn't have any." What new b*llsh#t was this? I chose not to have kids. In point of fact I probably spent thousands of dollars over the years to keep from having kids. I then regaled her with stories of my sister's five little children I had helped care for. Good grief. My sister does indeed have five children, two of whom are older than I. I learned to care for all of those kids in my time in the foster homes. Why didn't I say that?

Okay so now I am done lying at the hospital so I go to the health food store to pick up my order. I really like the young woman who is starting this venture. Turns out she is also an EMT and has pulled her back out lifting a patient. Me too, in the past. We compare notes. I offer advice on how to stop the back pain. So far so good. She then tells me she is starting a latte place in the store. I worked in a latte place for four days once long ago. I begin to tell her what to do and not to do with this business. I gave her good advice (it was a long four days) but did not tell her I was just a peon and not the owner. She listened and was grateful. Grateful. Made me feel like a dog.

Okay so now I go home. Marks says, "How was your day?" I said fine. Would it never end?

Moral of this sorry tale. God loves me, just as I am. He made me, just as I am. I have not been loving me just as I am. I do not need to embellish anything for anyone. I am lovable and loved just as I am. Take care of yourself.

Love Bea

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Does this mean HAPPY BIRTHDAY is in order - or were you speaking in general???

Cindy184 said...

I was just getting caught up on your last two posts. I like the part about looking for snowsuits when the lady told you that you would be a large and not the 2x's. I am no longer obese, either, and am now just overweight. It is a major milestone for me. I gained two pounds last week and I am trying to get back into a more stable eating pattern. I really like reading your posts. I cannot imagine my glasses freezing outside when walking. It is cold here, about 8 degrees, but not that cold. I have been hiding inside, though. And being a bit of a slug.

Vickie said...

http://baby-steps-v.blogspot.com/2007/02/hope-and-chance.html

I left you a long note. . .

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, hollister, longchamp, nike roshe run, polo lacoste, michael kors, nike free, nike trainers, vanessa bruno, sac burberry, ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, nike air max, nike tn, longchamp, converse pas cher, sac guess, sac louis vuitton, michael kors, new balance pas cher, vans pas cher, oakley pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, mac cosmetics, nike roshe, air max, polo ralph lauren, barbour, nike roshe run, timberland, north face, nike free pas cher, lululemon, hollister, hollister, vans shoes, north face, sac hermes, sac longchamp, louis vuitton uk, ray ban pas cher, air force, louis vuitton, abercrombie and fitch, sac louis vuitton, louboutin, hogan outlet, mulberry, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch

oakleyses said...

p90x, ugg pas cher, babyliss pro, ghd, uggs outlet, air max, ugg boots, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, bottega veneta, canada goose uk, canada goose, asics running shoes, moncler outlet, reebok outlet, timberland boots, herve leger, celine handbags, marc jacobs, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, hollister clothing store, birkin bag, chi flat iron, canada goose, moncler, moncler, canada goose jackets, instyler, new balance shoes, ugg, ugg boots, beats by dre, rolex watches, wedding dresses, lululemon outlet, giuseppe zanotti, insanity workout, moncler, soccer shoes, north face jackets, ugg australia, valentino shoes, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, mont blanc, mcm handbags, soccer jerseys

oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louboutin, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, nike shoes, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, true religion jeans, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, coach purses, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, nike free, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, air max, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet