This linking has almost killed me. It is partly my eyesight. The computer screen is blurry. I misread words and the toolbar icons are for the most part just colorful blobs. Daisy k emailed me instructions on how to link up. She said, "click on the little word symbol on the template's toolbar." What? I looked for a little word symbol until I was blue in the face. What kind of a word symbol? Aren't they all word symbols? This went on all afternoon. I finally decided to print out the instructions to see if Mark could help me when he came home. Low and behold. As I read the printed version I realized the "click on the little word symbol" said "click on the little world symbol." Okay so back I go to the toolbar. What little world symbol? I went through all the icons on the toolbar. tT for font size, b for bold, i for italics, T for text color, the little round green Help guy in black eye glasses, the page alignments, the 1.2.3. list, the . . . bulleted list, the "blockquote", the abc spellchecker, the little add image photo and the little eraser for remove formatting. No little worlds explaining links among them. I was in despair. If all else fails, ask for more directions. I went to the little round green Help guy in glasses icon and clicked. He said, "Link." Damn.
Jen tagged me for a "Thinking Blogger Award." After reading the above kind of make you wonder why, huh? The rules for this award are:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
If I am being a responsible homemaker I spend limited amounts of time at the computer. So I only read a few blogs on a daily basis. I read them for information, advice and encouragement.
Angry Fat Girlz of course I read first. Then:
1. Daisy K at car on the hill because she started it all for me. Weight loss, blogging, the whole ball of wax.
2. Vickie at Baby Steps V because I like her cooking and exercise tips. She is practical and shares all she knows about weight loss. And she knows a lot.
3. Debra at Weighing on Debra's Mind because I think she may be a genius. I have had some silly mental help in my life. I recognize good therapy when I read it. I copy Debra's posts and then mine them for information. I have a valuable short booklet.
4. Cindy at I surrender I read for inspiration. I read her posts and relax. She reminds me to notice the beauty all around me. She also says she weighs the same amount as a full grown panda. Can you beat that?
5. Lynette at Big Assed Belle for the "what next" factor. There is never a dull moment in Lynette's life. She and Andrea have given up dieting and are attempting to eat like regular people. The freedom of this concept thrills me.
I read more blogs on a weekly basis. I will put them on my blog list.
What a thrill to finally be linked. Take care of yourselves. Love Bea
P.S. What the heck is a meme?
Later P.S.S. I know the darn links don't work. I am not sure yet what to do about it. Maybe I got the URLs wrong. Frankly, I will think about it tomorrow. Bye