Monday, June 11, 2007

Linked Cont'd.

This linking has almost killed me. It is partly my eyesight. The computer screen is blurry. I misread words and the toolbar icons are for the most part just colorful blobs. Daisy k emailed me instructions on how to link up. She said, "click on the little word symbol on the template's toolbar." What? I looked for a little word symbol until I was blue in the face. What kind of a word symbol? Aren't they all word symbols? This went on all afternoon. I finally decided to print out the instructions to see if Mark could help me when he came home. Low and behold. As I read the printed version I realized the "click on the little word symbol" said "click on the little world symbol." Okay so back I go to the toolbar. What little world symbol? I went through all the icons on the toolbar. tT for font size, b for bold, i for italics, T for text color, the little round green Help guy in black eye glasses, the page alignments, the 1.2.3. list, the . . . bulleted list, the "blockquote", the abc spellchecker, the little add image photo and the little eraser for remove formatting. No little worlds explaining links among them. I was in despair. If all else fails, ask for more directions. I went to the little round green Help guy in glasses icon and clicked. He said, "Link." Damn.

Jen tagged me for a "Thinking Blogger Award." After reading the above kind of make you wonder why, huh? The rules for this award are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

If I am being a responsible homemaker I spend limited amounts of time at the computer. So I only read a few blogs on a daily basis. I read them for information, advice and encouragement.
Angry Fat Girlz of course I read first. Then:

1. Daisy K at car on the hill because she started it all for me. Weight loss, blogging, the whole ball of wax.

2. Vickie at Baby Steps V because I like her cooking and exercise tips. She is practical and shares all she knows about weight loss. And she knows a lot.

3. Debra at Weighing on Debra's Mind because I think she may be a genius. I have had some silly mental help in my life. I recognize good therapy when I read it. I copy Debra's posts and then mine them for information. I have a valuable short booklet.

4. Cindy at I surrender I read for inspiration. I read her posts and relax. She reminds me to notice the beauty all around me. She also says she weighs the same amount as a full grown panda. Can you beat that?

5. Lynette at Big Assed Belle for the "what next" factor. There is never a dull moment in Lynette's life. She and Andrea have given up dieting and are attempting to eat like regular people. The freedom of this concept thrills me.

I read more blogs on a weekly basis. I will put them on my blog list.

What a thrill to finally be linked. Take care of yourselves. Love Bea

P.S. What the heck is a meme?

Later P.S.S. I know the darn links don't work. I am not sure yet what to do about it. Maybe I got the URLs wrong. Frankly, I will think about it tomorrow. Bye

3 comments:

Debra said...

Bea, the best way to put in a link is to open a new window in internet explorer, go to the page you're trying to link to, sweep the address (for example http://www.weighingondebrasmind.blogspot.com), copy it, then go to your blog entry, highlight the text, click on the link button and paste the address into the "http" field. This way, instead of typing in addresses, you make sure to get all the code you need to make sure the link works. Good luck! And thank you for your kind words.

Cindy said...

yea, what is a meme? If you find out, let me know. I will take up the linking project again later. this week is rough and I gave it my best shot using the link icon which I assumed would work. Right now I am still pulling myself out of the bleak darkness of Sunday night.

Unknown said...

A meme is a contagious idea, sort of a mind virus. Blogging allows for the quick spread of memes because people who might never meet in real life get to communicate.

Debra gave you good advice on the linking. It also sounds like maybe you need stronger reading glasses.